Items

View as:
Dedication of the New Post Office
View across the loading dock toward Gayley Street and Baltimore Avenue, showing Pinocchio's Pizza on the northeast corner, and a Texaco gas station on the southest corner. This building, which replaced a municipal metered parking lot, was dedicated on November 17, 1962. Frank Leees is the small man in front of the crowd, with a camera around his neck.
Dee house, northwest corner, 4th and Monroe streets
Folder labeled: A. Valentinis Dee Family Photos
Dee house, northwest corner, 4th and Monroe streets
Folder labeled: A. Valentinis Dee Family Photos
Dee residence
Arthur, George, and Mae Dee all lived in this house on the northwest corner of 4th St. and Monroe St., according to news note in the Chester Times on August 11, 1902.
Dee residence
Arthur, George, and Mae Dee all lived in this house on the northwest corner of 4th St. and Monroe St., according to news note in the Chester Times on August 11, 1902. The backs of two adjacent houses on E. 4th St. also visible.
Dee residence
Arthur, George, and Mae Dee all lived in this house on the northwest corner of 4th St. and Monroe St., according to news note in the Chester Times on August 11, 1902.
Dee residence
Arthur, George, and Mae Dee all lived in this house on the northwest corner of 4th St. and Monroe St., according to news note in the Chester Times on August 11, 1902. Risley house at 5th and Monroe also visible.
Dee residence, northwest corner, 4th and Monroe
This was not in index and had no identification. Identified by comparison to AP-8088.
Delaware County American newspaper office, exterior
American address is 10; photo also shows store of Samuel Dutton, at No. 12, and another building to the right, probably No. 8 Addresses probably 8 to 12 E. State St. 1885 Media Directory confirms Dutton at 12 E. State, but Media must have changed its street numbering system after that, because the same newspaper building appears in other photos in this collection as 212 W. State St. Perhaps the earlier system used South Ave. as the starting point for east and west. See AP-5066 and AP-5170 for later photos with modern address.
Delaware County American staff
An annotated version of this photo, with names, is attached. See also AP-5170 for different version.
Delaware County American, office staff
Cord for shutter release visible in the photographer's hand.
Delaware County Baseball League, Media, February 6, 1915.
Oversized photograph of banquet, probably in high school gymnasium. 2 copies: one cracked. Good copy scanned. Stored in Flat File 2
Delaware County Board of Commissioners
John H. Doherty, chairman, sits in the center chair, with Albert J. Crawford, Jr., right, and Fred F. Duke, left. The man sitting in front of the table is Edward H. P. Fronefield, county solicitor. The commission offices were in the court house complex.
Delaware County Court House
Used in combination view that is frontispiece in Media Semi-Centennial booklet, 1900
Delaware County Court House
Decorations may be for the Semi-Centennial festivities held in 1900.
Delaware County Court House
Removed from frame. Donated by Giota Hartas, of Giota's West End Hairstyling, 20 S. Orange Street, Media, on June 29, 1995. Stored in Misc. Photos Box 2
Delaware County Court House
4x5 glass plate negative with contact print. Negative too dark to scan on scanner; contact print scanned. Photographer unknown
Delaware County Court House and jail, copy from map
Photographed from 1855 "Map of Media." Photograph used in the book Twice Adopted, by "En Quad" [Thomas R. Vernon]. Media, Pa.: Cooper & Vernon, Publishers, 1898, facing page 8. This novel tells the story of two adopted children in Media who grow up to get married, and uses many real people names and place names.