According to a front-page story in the Chester Times on January 11, 1916, this event, held January 10 in the Masonic Hall at 4th and Market streets, was a tribute by the local Democratic party to Andrew Jackson.
Donated by Robert M. Allam. See P-14013A for explanation. The relation of this photograph to Clyde Allam and the Allam family is unknown. Photograph marked "Studio of H. Parker Rolfe, 1305-07 Arch St., Philadelphia, Pa." The negative seems to be a copy of this original. Perhaps the two boys in this photo are the younger versions of the two boys in P-14013E.
Used in Media Semi-centennial booklet, 1900, in combination photo showing Media's Original Farm Houses. 1892 map calls this 313 W. State, and the property of Dr. Rowland.
Skelly was founder of James J. Skelly Co., a general contracting and road building firm once located in Media. See ad in Centennial Book, page 81, for a history of the firm up to 1950, and a photograph of Skelly with his two sons, Joseph J. and J. Paul Skelly.
This building originally housed P. W. Ware Plumbing. See AP-5171-2. Frank Lees caption: "This building was built by Preston W. Ware in 1896 for his plumbing, beating, and tin smelting business. Mr. Ware started in business at the southwest corner of State and Orange streets with $5 worth of tools.
See also Leishman baby, AP-5662. This name might be Lershman, but handwriting is unclear, and there are Leishmans in Delaware County newspapers but no Lershmans; and a wider newspaper search finds thousands of Leishmans but far fewer Lershmans. Findagrave also shows many Leishmans but no Lershmans.
Used in Soldiers’ and Sailors' Monument composites, AP-8248 and AP-8249, which were used in commemorative booklet for dedication of the monument in 1903.