Browse Items (7 total)

  • Subject is exactly "Bank buildings"

Charter National Bank

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5163.jpg
Date: 1895-1900
Northeast corner of State St. and Veterans Sq., formerly South Ave.

First National Bank

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-8244.jpg
Date: 1902 (circa)
Also shows neighboring buildings on State St. and South Ave.

First National Bank, new, before completion

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-8077.jpg
Date: 1900 (circa)
Building still under construction. Sign reads: R. C. Ballinger & Co., Builders, 218 N. 13th St. (Philadelphia). Piano store also in photo, to left of bank.

First National Bank, old

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5057.jpg
Date: 1890-1900
This may be where the Bell Telephone building now stands, but 1892 map shows it at the same corner as the current bank, southeast corner of Veteran's Sq. and State St.

Hoopes & Newbold, Bankers

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5765.jpg
Date: 1908 (circa)
Also shows G. C. Webster store at 202 W. State St., and store at 204 W. State St.

Media Title and Trust

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-8368-5.jpg
Date: 1905 (circa)
Full name of the bank became Media and 69th St. Title and Trust Co. At this time it was located on the first floor of the Delaware County Institute of Science building.

Newbold Bank Building, showing Media Stationery and Fleming Drug Store.

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5623.jpg
Date: 1905-12-08
View of southwest side of street looking west from Veterans Square. First two buildings were demolished; site occupied (as of 2018) by telephone switching building. The next four buildings still stand.