Browse Items (5 total)

  • Subject is exactly "Barbershops"

Schuchardt store or barber shop and J. Sweeny Shoe Store

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5167.jpg
Date: 1895-1900
According to 1897 Media Directory, George Schuchardt had a barber shop at this location. Tall barber pole in front, and horse hitching post. At 124 S. Orange, sign in window reads: J. Sweeny Shoe Store.

Schuchardt store or barber shop and J. Sweeny Shoe Store

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5167-5.jpg
Date: 1895-1900
According to 1897 Media Directory, George Schuchardt had a barber shop at this location.

Newtown Telephone Station

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-8109.jpg
Address: Not Known
Date: 1900 (circa)
Date stone on building reads 1897. Sign on striped barber pole reads: To V. E. Dewees, Barber.

Staff of Childs Grocery, Branch Store No. 110, southwest corner of State and Orange streets

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Lees/P-01209.jpg
Date: 1910 (circa)
Caption on reverse reads: "Miss Anna Blair, Childs Grocery Co., Media, cashier." Economy Market later occupied this building

Ellis Drugs, Tipping Paperhanging, Schuchardt's Barber Shop, northwest corner of Baltimore Avenue, looking north on Orange Street

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Lees/P-01045C.jpg
Date: 1945 (circa)
All these buildings were demolished during Media's urban renewal project starting in the late 1960s. See also P-01296. Scan made from original negative.