Browse Items (5 total)

  • Subject is exactly "Barbershops"

Staff of Childs Grocery, Branch Store No. 110, southwest corner of State and Orange streets

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Lees/P-01209.jpg
Date: 1910 (circa)
Caption on reverse reads: "Miss Anna Blair, Childs Grocery Co., Media, cashier." Economy Market later occupied this building

Schuchardt store or barber shop and J. Sweeny Shoe Store

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5167.jpg
Date: 1895-1900
According to 1897 Media Directory, George Schuchardt had a barber shop at this location. Tall barber pole in front, and horse hitching post. At 124 S. Orange, sign in window reads: J. Sweeny Shoe Store.

Schuchardt store or barber shop and J. Sweeny Shoe Store

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-5167-5.jpg
Date: 1895-1900
According to 1897 Media Directory, George Schuchardt had a barber shop at this location.

Newtown Telephone Station

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Appleton/AP-8109.jpg
Address: Not Known
Date: 1900 (circa)
Date stone on building reads 1897. Sign on striped barber pole reads: To V. E. Dewees, Barber.

Ellis Drugs, Tipping Paperhanging, Schuchardt's Barber Shop, northwest corner of Baltimore Avenue, looking north on Orange Street

http://mediahistoricarchives.org/source/Lees/P-01045C.jpg
Date: 1945 (circa)
All these buildings were demolished during Media's urban renewal project starting in the late 1960s. See also P-01296. Scan made from original negative.