Browse Items (5 total)
- Subject is exactly "Churches"
Looking east on Baltimore Avenue from Lansdowne Avenue. Of all the buildings on the left side of the photo, only the church is still standing.
Location: Darby (Pa.)
The church fronts on Main Street, Darby. The four-lane road is MacDade Boulevard, with Holy Cross Cemetery in upper left. The golf course is now gone, but one of the roads in the development that replaced the course is named Golf Road.
Location: Prospect Park (Pa.)
View also shows cemetery on Lincoln Avenue. Further along this avenue, on the opposite side of the street are a school building (now demolished), First United Methodist Church (remodeled and added onto since this photograph), and at 822 Lincoln…
Address: 610 Conestoga Rd., Villanova (Pa.)
Handwritten on reverse: Friends' Meeting House in Radnor, Del. Co., Pa. Built A.D. 1710, and occupied during the Revolution by soldiers Ten members of the Delaware County Institute of Science are shown in this picture. Photographed by Dr. Dickeson in…
Address: 763 S. Valley Forge Rd., Wayne (Pa.)
Includes view of graveyard. Handwritten on reverse: St. David's Episcopal Church, Radnor, Del. Co., Pa., showing the tomb of General. Anthony Wayne in the centre and the tomb of H. Jones Brooke at left end of church. Photographed by Dr. Dickeson,…