Browse Items (66 total)
- Subject is exactly "Post offices"
Items open in a separate tab. Close the tab to return to this list.
Date: 1930 (circa)
Building erected 1817. Torn down 1965 or after. Gasoline pump also shown. According to the 1909 Mueller Atlas, Plate 30, this building stood on the northeast corner of the intersection of West Chester Pike and Sproul Road. Address is approximate
The caption for this photo, printed in the Philadelphia Inquirer on April 25, 1906, reads: "Wrecked Safe in Media Post Office: Yeggmen set off a charge that demolished the outer part of the receptacle last night. The inner lining was intact. The…
See description at AP-8356. A bottle on a ledge by the safe, somehow unbroken after the explosion, bears this label: Pomeroy's Combined Writing & Copying Fluid. Flows Freely, Will Not Mould. Newark, N.J. One letter sits on the floor in front of the…
Address: 101 E. Baltimore Ave., Media (Pa.)
View across the loading dock toward Gayley Street and Baltimore Avenue, showing Pinocchio's Pizza on the northeast corner, and a Texaco gas station on the southest corner. This building, which replaced a municipal metered parking lot, was dedicated…
Location: 5013 West Chester Pike, Edgmont (Pa.)
Date: 1900 (circa)
Caption on reverse reads: "Edgemont, Pa. on West Chester Pike. Car line ran from 69th St. to West Chester along West Chester Pike." Donated by Mrs. Hoyt (nee Sills), April 11, 1982. This building, which is no longer standing, was on the south side of…
Address: 1. W. State St., Media (Pa.)
The post office (left) later became the Media Borough Hall, It is now (2020) a restaurant. The original borough Hall, in the background, was torn down in 1969 as part of Media's urban renewal project.
See Chester Times, June 5, 1950, page 10 for details of this event and full list of contestants.
Media Mothers' Club souvenir stand in old wagon, in front of Post Office
Date: 1905 (circa)
Furnishings "Designed and manufactured by the I. B. Williams Co., Seward, Nebraska"